Skip to page body Home What's New Residents Visitors Businesses City Hall How Do I... About Tempe Get Involved!
Survey/Form Review
Roach Information
Tempe regularly sprays its manholes with a paint which contains insecticide to control sewer roaches. Each treatment is good for up to three years. However, to insure citizens that Tempe is committed to preventing sewer roaches, the manholes are treated every other year. There are 9,194 manholes and 1139 clean-outs in Tempe. The City does not treat privately owned sewer systems on private property or any part of the storm drain system. How it works: The City is divided into North and South sections by I-60. The manholes and clean-outs North of I-60 are treated one year, and the next year manholes and clean-outs South of I-60 are treated. The following year, the North section is treated again, etc. (This is an automatic service that the City provides. You do not need to request it .) HELPFUL TIPS: If insects have entered your home we recommend contacting a private pest control company. All pests are drawn to food and water, eliminating these sources is the first step towards a pest free home. Also, make sure that all drains in your home are used at least once per week. Regular usage maintains a water barrier in the P-trap (the U-shaped pipe underneath each sink and fixture) and prevents vapors and pests in the line between your home and the main sewer from entering the home through the plumbing. If you are experiencing a problem of this nature you should also pour one cup of household bleach down each drain in your home. Doing this will flush out any pests within your sewer pipes and make the water in the P-traps undrinkable for any pests that may be using the sinks and drains as a "watering hole". If you feel there is still a problem with sewer roaches in your area and would like someone to contact you please complete the form below.

Contact Information:
Street Address:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:
E-mail address:

Please enter the word tempe in this box:

We will be unable to respond without either a street address or an e-mail address. To help prevent a delay in response, please verify that the information you submit is correct. If you prefer to leave a voice message, please call (480)350-2837.
Page 1 / 1