Street Closure & Transit Info for Pat’s Run
Pat’s Run will be held April 26 in downtown Tempe. The best way to get to the event is by Light Rail Transit. If driving to the event: expect delays, arrive early and park downtown. If driving on SR202 or southbound from Scottsdale, avoid using Rural/Scottsdale Road as it will be closed southbound between Gilbert Drive and 6th Street. Use Priest Drive, Mill Avenue, or McClintock Drive as alternates. To find the best parking and access options for any individual business on Mill Avenue, please call the business. To get around the event, use University Drive, McDowell Road, Priest Drive and/or McClintock Drive.
The following street restrictions and closures have been identified. However others could be put in place to address public safety concerns that arise during the event. The information provided by the City of Tempe is for public information purposes only. All restrictions/closures are based on preliminary assessments and can be increased or decreased in scope without notice.
Street restrictions and closures from 6:30 to 10:30 a.m. April 26 include:
• Packard Dr. will be closed in both directions between 6th St. and Rio Salado Pkwy.
• 6th St will be closed in both directions between Rural Rd. and Packard Dr.
• Rio Salado Pkwy. will be closed in both directions between Rural Rd. and Mill Ave.
• Mill Ave. northbound will be closed between Rio Salado Pkwy. and Washington St./Curry Rd.
• Curry Rd. eastbound will be closed between Mill and College avenues.
• Lakeview Dr. will be closed in both directions at Curry Rd.
• College Ave. will be closed southbound between Curry Rd. and Gilbert Dr.
• Gilbert Dr. eastbound will be closed between College Ave. and Scottsdale Rd.
• Scottsdale Rd/Rural Rd. will be closed southbound between Gilbert Dr. and 6th St.
• SR202 eastbound off-ramp will be closed at Scottsdale Rd.
• SR202 westbound off-ramp will be restricted to northbound traffic only at Scottsdale Rd.
The following transit detours will be in effect on April 26 from the start of service until 10:30 a.m.:
Route 72 Southbound: Regular route to Scottsdale Rd. & Curry Rd.; east on Curry Rd. to McClintock Dr.; south on McClintock Dr. to University Dr.; west on University Dr. to resume regular route at Rural Rd.
Earth East – Route begins at Weber Dr. & Scottsdale Rd.
Earth West – Regular route south on Scottsdale Rd. to Weber Dr.; continue south on Scottsdale Rd to Curry Rd.; west on Curry Rd. to College Ave.; north on College Ave. to Weber Dr.; east on Weber Dr. to layover at Weber Dr. & Scottsdale Rd. There will be no service to downtown Tempe during the event – please transfer to Route 72 at Scottsdale Rd. & Curry Rd. to get downtown.