||Kiwanis Recreation Center
Fitness Center Guidelines
Thank you for choosing to visit our fitness center! Our goal is to ensure that all of our customers enjoy a clean, safe, and fun environment. To achieve this goal, we ask all users to honor the following guidelines and respect one another.
- The fitness center is pay-for-use facility. Please check in at the front desk and purchase an admission wristband. This wristband gives you access to the fitness center and must be worn at all times. Admission is non-refundable.
- Patrons must attend a required “fitness orientation” given by a fitness attendant and complete a “participation form” prior to the use of fitness center.
- Customers’ age 14-17 years are required to attend a teen fitness orientation. Youth must
be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their teen fitness orientation. After the orientation has been completed they may workout independently.
- Youth ages 10-13 years must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian on file with the center. Youth must be accompanied by a parent or guardian during their use of fitness center.
- Verbal or physical confrontation with staff or other patrons, swearing, grunting, loud noise, abusive language, inappropriate behavior and vandalism will not be tolerated under any circumstances and will result in expulsion from the center.
- Water or sport drinks may be consumed from closed containers with lids. All other food or beverage is prohibited.
- Using or being under the influence of drugs or alcohol is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- Use of the facility without an admission wristband is trespassing per ARS 13-1503
- Patrons are advised to be aware of their personal fitness limits and to exercise at a level and pace that is appropriate to them.
- Only fitness center personal trainers are allowed to provide instruction on exercise technique or equipment preparation and adjustments.
- Radios and tape or CD players are not allowed unless they are personal units (such as a “Walkman” or “iPod”) equipped with headphones.
- Cell phones and any other messaging devices are not allowed in the fitness area. All phone
calls and messaging is to be done in the lobby.
|EQUIPMENT USE – FOR EVERYONE’S BENEFIT, PLEASE:
- Wipe off equipment after every use.
- Allow others to “work-in” or take turns on the equipment in the fitness room.
- Do not monopolize equipment in the weight room while others are waiting.
- Ease weights into position on the machines and do not allow them to slam down.
- Re-rack weights and return all other accessories to their proper locations when finished.
- Use center solely for their own personal fitness (no personal training of others allowed).
- ALL users must complete participation form.
- Proper attire is required. This includes closed toe shoes, t-shirts, exercise short/pants. No
street shoes, jeans, open toed shoes, clothing with offensive wording or revealing clothing
will be permitted. Shirts must be worn at all times.
- Please use locker rooms located across the hall for changing into exercise attire.
|FOR YOUR OWN SECURITY:
- Please secure your valuables and belongings in a locker.
- Coin operated lockers are located in the locker rooms and can be rented each time
you access them.
- Please do not store valuables on the floor or near equipment.
- Safety of all personal property is the responsibility of customer use.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
We thank you for your cooperation in helping us maintain our fitness center’s clean, safe, healthy, and friendly environment.
Failure to abide these guidelines may result in loss of privileges.
Management reserves the right to refuse admittance and/or eject from the fitness center premises any persons failing to comply with any of the above health and safety regulations.
The Kiwanis Recreation Center reserves the right to revise or alter use guidelines at any time without notice.
Last updated: 8/12/2013 5:09:50 PM