You can play a critical role in making Tempe the most sustainable city in Arizona! Below are city services that can help you live a more sustainable lifestyle.
Use water efficiently
Take advantage of Tempe's resources dedicated to helping you make smart decisions with water.
- Join your neighbors in achieving reduced water bills and a healthier lawn: install an efficient irrigation system.
- Discover how some Tempe residents do more with less water: install a greywater system.
- Get smart about water: take workshops or get an audit to see where you have room for improvement.
- Ensure your stormwater contributes to a healthy Arizona.
Reduce energy and save money
Tempe's utility companies can help you use your energy efficiently.
- Do-it-yourself upgrades, rebates and discounts and much more: work with SRP to see how you can save on your monthly bill.
- Savings tips, home check-ups and rebates: work with APS to see how you can save on your monthly bill.
Reduce fuel usage
- Lower your daily carbon footprint - take public transit: discover Tempe's extensive transit system. Tempe youth can ride all buses and light rail for free with a Youth Transit Pass.
- Bike around Tempe and get a great workout: get on the GRID.
- Connect to local destinations for free: use Orbit.
- Tempe has more than 215 miles of multi-use paths and bikeways: discover Tempe on foot.
When you get your food locally you are contributing to Tempe's economy.
- Contribute to the local economy by shopping at Tempe's Green Business Certified organizations.
- Pet chickens can help reduce your solid waste and save you money on eggs.
- Desert Botanical Gardens offers workshops and classes that will enhance your ability to create a useful edible landscape.
Recycle more, waste less
- Learn about Tempe's exciting new SMART program: Save Money and Recycle Tempe.
- Stay informed about what you can and cannot recycle: with Top 10 in the Bin.
- Take part in Tempe's waste diversion goals and participate in the Curbside Green Organics Pilot Program.