Tempe’s Building Employment Supports and Training (BEST) Program facilitates part-time employment, supports and training for applicants with developmental disabilities. Tempe’s BEST Program is funded in part by The Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council (ADDPC). Tempe’s BEST Program partners include:
- Ability 360, https://ability360.org/
- Arizona Developmental Disabilities Planning Council, https://addpc.az.gov/
- Arizona Division of Developmental Disabilities, https://des.az.gov/services/disabilities/developmental-disabilities
- Arizona Employment First, https://sonoranucedd.fcm.arizona.edu/az-employment-first
- Arizona Rehabilitation Services Administration, https://des.az.gov/services/employment/arizona-rehabilitation-services
- Arizona State University, https://www.asu.edu/
- AzTap, https://aztap.org/
- Best Buddies Arizona, https://www.bestbuddies.org/arizona/
- Elite Community Services, https://ecsaz.org/
- First Place Arizona, https://www.firstplaceaz.org/
- LifeQuest Training and Consulting, https://adalifequest.com/
- Northern Arizona University, https://nau.edu/
- Pathway to Work, https://azpathwaytowork.org/
- Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center, https://www.autismcenter.org/
- STARS, https://www.starsaz.org/
- Tempe Community Council, https://www.tempecommunitycouncil.org/
- The ARC, https://www.tempearc.org/
- The Centers for Habilitation, https://www.tch-az.com/
- University Centers for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (U of A),
Tempe’s BEST Program facilitates city employment. Applicants selected will meet with Tempe’s BEST Program Coordinator to discuss their employment goals, interests, skills, supports, training, and accommodation needs. Tempe’s BEST Program coordinates services with Arizona Department of Economic Security Vocational Rehabilitation Administration (VR) and the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), to provide supports.
City of Tempe employees will supervise BEST employees.
As needed, both will receive support from the BEST Program Coordinator.
Tempe’s BEST Program Coordinator will facilitate supports and training.
If you are a case manager, counselor or DD service agency interested in referring a client, or if you are an applicant interested in working for Tempe, please click on the different links that explain the next step.