Since 1988, the City of Tempe has proudly supported and sponsored the Tempe Mayor’s Disability Awards. These awards honor achievements of exceptional individuals with disabilities, employers who have demonstrated a strong commitment to employing people with disabilities, and others who have shown dedication for improving the quality of life for all Tempe residents.
Become a Sponsor!
Click here for the Sponsorship Packet and Sponsorship Commitment Form
Nominate Someone for a Disability Award! Deadline extended to February 28, 2019!
Click here for the online nomination form
Outstanding High School Student
Business & Employment:
Tom Ringhofer Architectural Award
Business Leadership Award
Employer of the Year
Employee of the Year
Community Support & Volunteering:
Pride of the City
To be eligible for an award nominees must work, live, attend school, or impact people in Tempe.
Award Category Details
- Outstanding High School Student – The Tempe Diablos provide scholarships that recognize outstanding Tempe students with disabilities who demonstrate dedication and success as a student, employee, or volunteer.
- Outstanding Youth – Recognizes outstanding youth with disabilities who demonstrates dedication and success as a student or volunteer.
- Exceptional Educator – Honors a teacher, school staff member or school support person who has provided exceptional education and support to students with disabilities.
- Tom Ringhofer Architectural Award – Recognizes a Tempe business, resident, architect, developer or city department that has improved access for people with disabilities in private or public buildings, outdoor spaces, transportation, or other areas.
- Business Leadership Award – Recognizes a business that has improved access opportunities for Tempe residents with disabilities.
- Employer of the Year – Honors a Tempe business or organization that employs individuals with disabilities.
- Employee of the Year – Honors a Tempe employee or resident who has demonstrated exemplary performance or provided outstanding employment services for people with disabilities.
- Community Service – Honors a person, organization or business that has made a significant contribution by providing or improving personal and community support for individuals with disabilities.
- Pride of the City – Recognizes an individual, group, business or organization that has demonstrated a long-term commitment in improving the quality of life for all the residents of Tempe.
Be a part of this important event:
Register for the event - Seating is limited!
To secure your seat please either send us an email or phone us at:
Phone: (480) 350-2905
When registering, please make sure you indicate if you require any accommodations.
Access and cultural accommodations are available. The facility and stage is wheelchair accessible. Listening System and ASL Interpreters are provided. Program will be in large print. This event is smoke-free and fragrance-free; Refreshments may include foods prepared in locations containing dairy, wheat or nuts. Refreshments include fruit selections. Please indicate if the following is requested:
- Wheel Chair Access
- Accessible Parking
- No photographs
- Live Captioning
- Signed English
- Tactile Interpretation
- Braille Program
- Other (Please specify)
Contact Michele_Stokes@tempe.gov to discuss.
Information coming soon.....
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to request a presentation on event information:
City of Tempe – Strategic Management & Diversity Office
31 East 5th Street, Second Floor, Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 350-2905
Fax: (480) 350-2907
Relay Service Users: 711
TCA Parking Information
Construction is underway for a new technology campus, I.D.E.A. Tempe. This project will impact the parking at TCA. For information on parking, please click here.
2018 Mayor's Disability Awards Photographs:
The disability awards ceremony video can be accessed at the City's YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/tempe11video.
2017 Mayor's Disability Awards Photographs: