Tempe has bus service on most major streets with 16 bus routes, three express routes, one free Flash route, and six free Orbit neighborhood circulator routes. Bus service in Tempe operates:
- seven days a week
- from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m., Monday through Saturday
- from 5 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. on Sunday.
- every 15 - 20 minutes from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- on all major holidays with service following Sunday schedules
Light Rail operates:
- seven days a week, 365 days a year
- every 12 minutes on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- every 15 minutes on Saturdays until 7 p.m. and at all other hours (and Sunday), every 20 minutes.
- Monday through Thursday from 4:30 a.m. and until 11 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday from 5 a.m. until 2 a.m.
- Sunday from 5 a.m. until 11 p.m.
Buses & light rail trains are wheelchair accessible and have bicycle racks.
- Detours, Routes & Schedules
- Flash - Free Shuttle
- Mary O'Connor Memorial Bus Shelter
- Orbit - Free Neighborhood Circultor
- Park And Rides
- Tempe Transit System Map PDF
- Title VI
- Youth Transit Pass Program
- 1990 Tempe Transit Plan PDF
- 2015 Tempe Transportation Master Plan PDF
For bus, Orbit, light rail and Express route complaints or suggestions, please call 602-253-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you leave an item on a bus, call Valley Metro Lost and Found at 602-253-5000.
Transit Ridership Reports
- Tempe Ridership 2018
- Tempe Ridership 2017
- Tempe Ridership 2016
- Tempe Ridership 2015
- Tempe Ridership 2014
- Tempe Ridership 2013
- Tempe Ridership 2012
- Tempe Ridership 2011
- Tempe Ridership 2010
- Tempe Ridership 2009
- Tempe Ridership 2008
- Tempe Ridership 2007
- Tempe Ridership 2006
- Tempe Ridership 2005
- Tempe Ridership 2004
- Tempe Ridership 2003
- Tempe Ridership 2002
- Tempe Ridership 2001
- Tempe Ridership 2000