TO CONTEST AN IMPOUND YOU MUST REQUEST A VALIDITY HEARING:
- Call the Post Storage Hearing Message line at 480-350-8465
- Email to AZ3511impound@tempe.gov and leave the requested information
You be contacted to schedule a hearing.
You can also go in person the Lobby of the Tempe Police Department located at 1855 E. Apache Blvd, Tempe AZ
Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. to schedule a hearing appointment.
TO QUALIFY TO HAVE A VALIDITY HEARING YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- You must request the hearing within 10 days of the date of the impound.
- You must be contesting the validity of the impound, meaning you believe the Officer made an error when impounding your vehicle
- You must be the owner of the car, on record with the Motor Vehicle Department, at the time the vehicle was impounded.
- If you are the Lien Holder you may request a hearing if you believe the impound was invalid. If you only desire an early release for repossession, go to the Lien Holder and Repossession information page and the "Claiming Your Vehicle" page.
A VALIDITY HEARING IS NOT USED TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR AN EARLY RELEASE.
To determine if you qualify for an early release, go to the Claiming Your Vehicle/Early Release Information page.