TO CONTEST AN IMPOUND YOU MUST REQUEST A VALIDITY HEARING
For all releases (including Owners, Repossessions and Lien Holders)
A scheduled appointment for a hearing is required.
Appointments can be scheduled:
Monday: 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
No Releases or Appointments on Fridays
No Walk in Appointments.
We are closed on holidays
- Call the Post Storage Hearing Message line at 480-350-8465 and leave a detailed message.
- Email to AZ3511impound@tempe.gov and leave the requested information
You will be contacted to schedule a hearing.
You can also go in person to schedule an appointment at the lobby of the Tempe Police Department located at 1855 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe AZ. during the following days and times: Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
No walk in appointments are accepted.
TO QUALIFY TO HAVE A VALIDITY HEARING YOU MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- You must request the hearing within 10 days of the date of the impound.
- You must be contesting the validity of the impound, meaning you believe the Officer made an error when impounding your vehicle
- You must be the owner of the car, on record with the Motor Vehicle Department, at the time the vehicle was impounded.
- If you are the Lien Holder you may request a hearing if you believe the impound was invalid. If you only desire an early release for repossession, go to the Lien Holder and Repossession information page and the "Claiming Your Vehicle" page.
A VALIDITY HEARING IS NOT USED TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY FOR AN EARLY RELEASE.
To determine if you qualify for an early release, go to the Claiming Your Vehicle/Early Release Information page.