Impounded/Towed Related Links
Under ARS 28-3511, Arizona State Law requires vehicles be impounded
for 30 DAYS for any of the following violations:
- Revoked Driver's License
- No Driver's License and no record of ever having one
- Cancelled Driver's License (Must also be involved in a collision and not provide insurance)
- Extreme DUI
- Aggravated DUI
- Driver under 21 with any amount of alcohol in their system
- Violation of an ignition interlock requirement
Contact Us To Make An Appointment:
- By Phone: Post Storage Hearing Message Line – 480-350-8465. Please note: This is a message line. You will need to leave your information, and we will call you back.
- By Email: AZ3511impound@tempe.gov
Releases are available by appointment only
For all releases (including Owners, Repossessions and Lien Holders):
A scheduled appointment for a hearing is required.
Appointments can be scheduled:
Monday between 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday between 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
No Releases or Appointments on Fridays
No Walk in Appointments
We are closed on holidays.
Tempe Police Department
1855 E. Apache Blvd Tempe, AZ 85281
(Just East of McClintock, on Apache)