Impounded/Towed Related Links
Under ARS 28-3511, Arizona State Law requires vehicles be impounded
for 30 DAYS for any of the following violations:
- Revoked Driver's License
- No Driver's License and no record of ever having one
- Cancelled Driver's License (Must also be involved in a collision and not provide insurance)
- Extreme DUI
- Aggravated DUI
- Driver under 21 with any amount of alcohol in their system
- Violation of an ignition interlock requirement
Contact Us To Make An Appointment:
- By Phone: Post Storage Hearing Message Line – 480-350-8465. Please note: This is a message line. You will need to leave your information, and we will call you back.
- By Email: AZ3511impound@tempe.gov
Releases are available by appointment only
For all releases (including Owners, Repossessions and Lien Holders):
A scheduled appointment for a hearing is required.
Appointments can be scheduled:
Monday between 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday between 9:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m.
No Releases or Appointments on Fridays
No Walk in Appointments
We are closed on holidays.
Starting March 27th, 2020 the PD Apache Substation Lobby will be closed on Fridays until further notice.
Please visit tempe.gov/coronavirus for up-to-data information.
Tempe Police Department
1855 E. Apache Blvd Tempe, AZ 85281
(Just East of McClintock, on Apache)