Police officer recruit and lateral applicants who are invited to test complete the Arizona Peace Officer Standards & Training Board (AzPOST) Background Questionnaire Coversheets and AzPOST Background Questionnaire. Both need to be completed prior to check-in at the physical agility test. Please read all directions in each questionnaire.
Many minimum AzPOST and Tempe PD standards are listed in the link below. Police officer applicants must meet these minimum standards to test. A complete list of AzPOST rules can be found on their website.
Police officer recruit written examination study material for the SJWAT version can be purchased from our test provider. Follow download and payment instructions on the test company website and refer all questions about the SJWAT candidate orientation guide to the test company.
Professional and volunteer applicants who are invited to participate in a background investigation complete the professional and volunteer background questionnaire. Please read all directions in the questionnaire and submit it as instructed.
The following facilities, mailing and contact information are for applicants who need to attend appointments and send documents.
- Background Interview and Polygraph Examination: Tempe PD Hardy Substation, 8201 S. Hardy Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284
- Fingerprints: Tempe PD Headquarters, 120 E. Fifth St., Tempe, AZ 85281
- Pre-employment Paperwork: Tempe Human Resources Division, 20 E. Sixth St., Tempe, AZ 85281
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 480 858-6098 or 1 877 TPD AND U (1 877 873-2638)
- Mailing Address:
ATTN: RECRUITING & HIRING UNIT
PO BOX 5002
TEMPE, AZ 85280-5002
email@example.com | 480 858-6098 or 1 877 TPD AND U (1 877 873-2638)