Police officer recruit and lateral applicants complete the forms below prior to check-in at the physical agility test.
Several AzPOST and Tempe PD minimum standards are listed below. Police officer applicants must meet these minimum standards to test. A complete list of AzPOST rules can be found on their website.
Police officer recruit written examination study material can be purchased from our test provider. Follow download and payment instructions on the test company website and refer all questions about the SJWAT candidate orientation guide to the test company.
Job descriptions and other careers with the city and police department can be viewed on the city's website.
Professional and volunteer applicants who are invited to participate in a background investigation complete the form below.
The following facilities, mailing and contact information are for applicants who need to attend appointments and send documents.
- Background Interview and Polygraph Examination: Tempe PD Hardy Substation, 8201 S. Hardy Drive, Tempe, AZ 85284
- Fingerprints: Tempe PD Headquarters, 120 E. Fifth St., Tempe, AZ 85281
- Pre-employment Paperwork: Tempe Human Resources Division, 20 E. Sixth St., Tempe, AZ 85281
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number: 480 858-6098 or 1 877 TPD AND U (1 877 873-2638)
- Mailing Address:
ATTN: RECRUITING & HIRING UNIT
PO BOX 5002
TEMPE, AZ 85280-5002
firstname.lastname@example.org | 480 858-6098 or 1 877 TPD AND U (1 877 873-2638)