Main Line | 480.350.8376
The mission of the Tempe Police Department Traffic Bureau is to provide a safe, efficient environment for travel on the streets of Tempe by reducing accidents and maintaining as efficient traffic flow as possible.
The Traffic Bureau employs 32 sworn and professional staff. Primary responsibilities include enforcing all traffic laws, DUI reduction task force, emergency and special traffic control, and requests from citizens for specific neighborhood traffic enforcement. Our Traffic Bureau also seeks to educate the public on traffic laws through various avenues such as the Citizens Police Academy.
Of the 32 staff members in this Bureau, 14 are Motor Officers and 3 Motor Sergeants who handle all accidents, special events, hit and runs, as well as all vehicular crimes. They also enforce traffic laws.
The DUI Squad have the responsibilities of enforcing all traffic laws, DUI reduction task force, emergency and special event traffic control, and requests from citizens for specific neighborhood traffic enforcement. This squad is staffed by six Officers and one Sergeant.
To obtain additional information on traffic concerns, click on the below links.
- Click here to report neighborhood traffic concerns such as speeding vehicles or school zone violations.
- submit a neighborhood traffic concern
- learn more about parking enforcement, or to submit a parking concern
- pay a City of Tempe traffic or parking citation
- sign up for defensive driving school
- request a copy of a City of Tempe police, or traffic accident report.
- register for a Children Are Priceless Passengers Class (CAPP)
- Public Safety Announcement about Bike Safety