The Organizational Services Division contains the Personnel Services Bureau and a variety of other specialized units. Each unit serves specific functions and has unique responsibilities within Tempe PD. The Personnel Services Bureau provides initial, ongoing and advanced training while recruiting and hiring the finest citizens in our community to serve as police officers. Other units within the division are charged with ensuring quality and standards, while maintaining communication with our community.
Professional Standards Unit
- Conducts investigations of alleged serious employee misconduct and/or complex investigations.
- Conducts administrative reviews, such as officer involved shootings.
- The Professional Standards Unit can be contacted at 480-350-8047 or InternalAffairs@tempe.gov.
- Advanced and Continuing Employee Training
- Field Training
- Firearms Training
Recruiting & Hiring Unit
- Click here for more information about police officer and other jobs within the police department.
- The Detention Section is responsible for the daily operations and security of the Tempe City Detention Facility.
- The Detention Section can be contacted at 480-350-8569.
Volunteers In Policing
- Volunteers In Policing, also known as VIP's, are volunteers dedicated to assisting Tempe PD and its community.
- Click here for further information about VIP's.