The City of Tempe is offering a Toilet Rebate to residents who purchase and install a high-efficiency toilet (flushing 1.28 gallons per flush or less). Toilets use about 24% of residential water use, the largest source of water use inside the home. By investing in an efficient toilet, you will save water every time you flush the toilet. How much you save depends on the age of your existing toilet. Toilets sold prior to 1994 used 3.5 to 5.0 gallons per flush.
Tempe is offering a rebate of 50% (up to $75) of the purchase price of each high-efficiency toilet (up to 2 per home). After installation, you also have the potential to save 50 gallons of water per day!
Rebate Application Checklist:
- Check that you are eligible to receive the rebate. Only single-family residential properties qualify, and the applicant must be the owner of the property. New construction is not eligible for a rebate.
- Find a high-efficiency toilet that flushes 1.28 gallons per flush or less. EPA WaterSense labeled toilets have been tested and certified to be efficient with water use while still providing equal or superior performance.
- Purchase the toilet and keep a copy of the original receipt.
- Install the toilet. The City recommends installation be performed by a qualified plumber and that sewer lines be cleaned at the time of installation (if they have not been cleaned in the last twelve months).
- Complete the Toilet Rebate Form and mail in the application with a copy of the original receipt to: Water Utilities Department / Water Conservation Office / P.O. Box 5002 / Tempe, Arizona 85280.
Look for the WaterSense Label on toilets, faucets, showerheads, irrigation controllers, urinals, and pre-rinse spray valves.
Call 480-350-8351 or email email@example.com.