The City of Tempe works to promote healthy outdoor air for all citizens. Commitments we make and what citizens can contribute to Air Quality are all critical to improve air quality in the region.
- Encourage the use of Alternative Modes of Transportation.
Sweeping with PM-10 efficient sweepers.
Paving and stabilization of streets, lots and alleys.
Keeping a fleet of energy efficient vehicles.
- Work with regional partners to promote healthy air in the valley.
Current Air Quality Conditions:
What you can do to?
- Keep your driveway and parking areas dust proof.
- Do not drive or park a motor vehicle on a vacant lot or where surfaces are not paved or dust
- Avoid blowing leaves into public road or use your leaf blower on a high particulate pollution advisory day.
- Make sure wood burning is not occurring on no burn or a high particulate pollution advisory day.
- Avoid burns that create a smoke and ash nuisance in your neighborhood, the Tempe nuisance code Section 21-3 (b) (11) & (12).
- Report dust violations.