Become Part of the Tempe Team!
Tempe is an employer who values its people, creativity, quality service, integrity, open communication, mutual respect, and diversity. Tempe also offers competitive pay and benefits. Read about our city values.
Note that applications are only accepted during the posted recruitment period.
Sign up for emails about future job openings.
For more information on current jobs available, please click on one of the links below.
All regular, benefited positions are available online with the City of Tempe. Please read the information below to begin the application process:
- The online application system will not be available during daily maintenance outage which will occur from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m., seven days a week.
- Current City of Tempe employees must apply through PeopleSoft HRMS Self-Service. If you do not already have a user account setup for PeopleSoft HCM, please contact the service desk at x2900 or through the IT Self-Service Portal.
- Do not use your browser's back or forward buttons, instead use only the links or buttons within the system to navigate between pages.
- To be eligible as an internal applicant you must be a current regular City of Tempe employee and have completed your initial probationary period at time of application.
- Eligibility requirements for current City of Tempe temporary employees regarding applying for internal recruitments are found in Rule 3, Section 304.C.
Temporary positions available with the City of Tempe are listed here. Please read the information on the job bulletin carefully for information on where to apply.
It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons based solely on an individual’s ability to perform the essential functions of a job without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status.
City of Tempe is in compliance with the Smoke Free Arizona Act
(A.R.S.36-601.01(B) and Tempe City Code Section 22-42)