- Applications are accepted for current open, regular positions only.
- A list of current jobs available and their recruitment bulletins may be viewed at www.tempe.gov/jobs .
- The recruitment posting contains general information regarding the position such as salary, minimum qualifications, the required documents/ forms needed in order to apply and where to apply. Please read the job posting carefully.
- You may apply with or without attaching a resumes, however resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- The City of Tempe is not responsible for failure to follow directions or submit applications by the closing date.
- You will receive email verification that the application has been submitted to Human Resources.
All applications are reviewed and the most qualified applicants are invited to continue in the process.
An eligible candidate not selected may remain on our list and be certified to other vacancies as they occur. An eligibility list is valid for a minimum of six months.
- Pre-employment requirements may include: a City paid physical exam by a City designated physician based upon job-related physical standards; fingerprints; drug screening; a thorough background check; and verification of identity and work authorization. Some positions may also require a psychological evaluation and polygraph test.
- A probationary period is 6 or 12 months depending on position.
- In compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants with disability who require special testing arrangements should contact Human Resources Department at (480) 350-8278.
- Committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation
- City of Tempe is in compliance with the Smoke Free Arizona Act (A.R.S.36-601.01(B) and Tempe City Code Section 22-42)