For the latest news, information and resources on Tempe’s coronavirus response, please visit

Business and Other Licenses

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City of Tempe does not have a general business license. 


Tempe requires licenses for regulated businesses, businesses selling liquor and sales tax (TPT) licenses.  To apply for a license for regulated businesses or a license for a business selling liquor click here:


The Arizona Department of Revenue administers TPT (sales tax)for all Arizona cities including Tempe.  Apply for the license, create your account to file and pay online at:

When applying for a tax license and you are subject to the Tempe tax, be sure to register for Tempe with the city designation “TE”.