About Read On Tempe:
Early literacy achievement is a priority for the City of Tempe. We have long recognized that our children are our future and the economic and social vibrancy of our community is dependent upon their academic achievement. Read on Tempe is a collaborative effort to improve reading achievement in our city – particularly with our most vulnerable children. Our vision is that all children will have access to quality early literacy experiences and environments. We have a broad base of public, private, civic, philanthropic and education partners who are working together to ensure all of our children have the opportunity to become proficient readers. We are doing this through our shared vision and multi-strategy approaches that focus on school readiness, early grade success, family engagement, professional development, chronic absence and summer learning loss.
Read On Contacts:
Ann Lynn DiDomenico, Social Services Supervisor
- Early childhood education and preschool program that offers a variety of organized educational activities for children ages 3-5.
- Drop in and bond with your 0-18-month child through play, which will help them develop socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically.
- In this 1-on-1 reading program, children in grades K-3rd are paired with ASU tutors for a high-quality intergenerational literacy experience.
- An interactive storytelling experience for caregivers and children ages 0-5 which focuses on attention, bonding and communication.
- A family friendly interactive space for children to explore literacy through guided and passive play in the youth library
- Both parent and child will be actively engaged in activities that prepare your child for Kindergarten.
- Literacy, reading and math programs that incorporate tutoring, learning, and interactive play.
- Exercise both your child’s mind and your body with literacy, fitness and fun for a special outside storytime at the Escalante Community Center.
- Visit the Escalante Community Center for a fun, educational activity that places a children’s story along a popular walking rout in our community.
Tempe Public Library Summer Reading Outreach @ Escalante Kamp Kool
Earn points and prizes by participating in Tempe Public Library’s Summer Reading Program at Escalante Kamp Kool.
- Read On is a partnership of agencies committed to improving language and literacy outcomes for Arizona’s children from birth to age 8.
- Tempe PRE is a program launched in 2017 by the Tempe City Council to increase access to high-quality preschool in Tempe.
- Experience Corps is an early literacy skills tutoring program designed to provide support to struggling students in kindergarten through third grade.
- Thrive to Five offers FREE educational programs to all families and caregivers of children birth to five.