The City of Tempe invites you to become our partner in an opportunity to promote youth employment and strengthen community relationships.
High School students are eager to find jobs to make money, learn skills, and gain work experience. These students also need to stay focused on academic achievement.
In understanding this reality, we have partnered with the Tempe Union High School District, the Maricopa County’s Arizona @ Work Youth Workforce Program, and the Tempe Chamber of Commerce to develop voluntary employer guidelines to support you in hiring and managing student employees. These guidelines are designed to enable you to support youth education and career achievement. The main goals of these guidelines are to:
- Encourage good relationships between employers and student employees
- Foster educational growth and development
- Promote a learning atmosphere for students to gain the benefits of a job and still maintain a thriving educational career
These employer guidelines are a way for local businesses to become community partners and create workplaces that promote both education and career achievement for youth employees. The employer benefits to you are:
- Your name and link on city website listed as a Student Employee Supportive Employer
- Assistance with providing youth employee training
- A strong and positive reputation as a supporter of education and career success
Let’s build a better youth workforce together. For more information about this program contact Parrish Spisz at the City of Tempe at (480) 350-8816, or firstname.lastname@example.org.