You have choices. We can help you make decisions
The city of Tempe partners with Maricopa County's Arizona @ Work - Youth Workforce program assist young people who are out of school in furthering their education or finding employment. The program can help youths and young adults who are low income and under-served gain skills through education, employment, and leadership activities. Maricopa County's Arizona @ Work - Youth Workforce is federally funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Any area resident from ages 14 to 24 is welcome to visit the Tempe site to learn more about Maricopa County's Arizona @ Work - Youth Workforce and have access to computers, homework assistance, and workshops. Young adults ages 16 to 24 have the opportunity to enroll in the Youth Workforce Program if they are eligible.
A Youth Career Guidance Specialist will work with a potential participant to do an initial intake and eligibility assessment. Once enrolled, the specialist will then work with the participant on objective assessments, case management and individual service strategies. These tools can help a young adult become a successful, productive citizen.
If you are not eligible for enrollment in the program, we still can help you with other services and referrals. So come by to talk to our specialists.
Visit the Maricopa County's Arizona @ Work - Youth Workforce for more information. Or stop by our Youth Workforce hub in Tempe.
Contact Arizona @ Work by email WDDYouth@mail.maricopa.gov
Tempe Escalante Center
2150 E Orange St
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 350-5824 / (480) 350-5825
Stop by to talk or to have access to:
- Computers to check email, job search, browse the web, and complete homework assignments
- Study areas to read and complete homework
- One-on-one assistance with basic job searching, resume writing, and other employment-related needs
- Workshops and activities such as: career exploration, resume writing, interviewing, job searches, and more
For enrolled participants, here are some of the 14 program elements available to you:
- Tutoring, study skills training, instruction, evidence based dropout prevention and recovery strategies.
- Alternative secondary school services
- Paid and unpaid work experiences
- Occupational skills training
- Adult mentors for 12 months
- Comprehensive guidance and counseling
- Financial literacy education
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Follow up services for not less than 12 months after program completion