The purpose of the project is to design and construct a 10-foot wide concrete multi-use path with lighting, landscaping and public art. The project includes street crossing treatments and possible bicycle/pedestrian bridges across the canal. The project is located along the Tempe portion of the Highline Canal and links directly to Chandler and the Town of Guadalupe for a distance of 3.5 miles. Map of project area PDF.
- $3.2 million Transportation Alternatives Federal grant
- $65,000 Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement grant
- $200,000 Transit Tax
- Construction is underway
- Completion: Summer 2019
A public meeting about the proposed artwork was held Sept. 11, 2017. Comments were taken online about the art concepts from Sept. 11 to Sept. 24, 2017. View the Art Concepts.pdf. Read the comments from the public meeting in Sept. 2017 PDF.
A public meeting was held March 14, 2017 and online comment was available March 14 to March 28, 2017. Read the comments PDF.
- March 14, 2017 Project PowerPoint & Design Concepts PDF
- March 14, 2017 Public Meeting Materials PDF
- PowerPoint presentation from October 2014 PDF
- August 2016 Design Concepts PDF
A public meeting occurred on Aug. 31, 2016. Online public comment was available Aug. 31 to Sept. 14, 2016. View the comments here PDF.
For more information, contact Project Manager, Chase Walman, at 480-858-2072.