Artwork by Sarah Hurwitz
2020 Tour de Tempe
April 5 - 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
About 1,000 people are expected to participate in the Tour de Tempe community bike ride, which starts and ends at Kiwanis Park, 6111 S. All America Way, in the west parking lot north of Guadalupe Road across from the batting cages. This free 12-mile bike ride is led by Mayor Mark Mitchell and members of the Tempe City Council. Registration starts at 7:30 a.m. with the ride starting at 9 a.m. Free t-shirts will be available for the first 850 riders. Helmets are required.
Breakfast foods will be provided by Back East Bagels, Boulders on Broadway, Outback Steakhouse and McAlister's Deli.
Sponsors 3 Feet Please, Bicycle Cellar, Breyer Law Group, Pedal Haus Brewery and Tempe Bicycle Action Group will also have booths at the event.
Vendors include Lost Our Homes (with on-site pet adoptions), GRID bike share, Tempe Community Services Department, Tempe Police Department, Tempe Engineering & Transportation Department and Tempe Recycling.
Preregister here for Tour de Tempe until April 1, 2020. Preregistering allows you to skip the day of registration paperwork. It does not guarantee you a t-shirt.
2020 Bike to Work Day
April 15 - 6:30 to 8 a.m.
Bicycle riders who stop by one of the participating Bike to Work Day locations in Tempe will receive a free breakfast, and the first 350 riders (for all seven locations combined) will receive free water bottles and bike tire repair kits. T-shirts will NOT be handed out at Bike to Work Day. At 7 a.m., join Mayor Mitchell along with members of the Tempe City Council on a bike ride from US Egg to Daily Jam in downtown Tempe. Breakfast site locations include:
- Back East Bagels (northwest corner of Southern Avenue and McClintock Drive)
- Boulders on Broadway (northeast corner of Roosevelt Street and Broadway Road)
- Breyer Law Group (Daley Park, northeast corner of College Avenue and Encanto Drive)
- Daily Jam (southwest corner of Mill Avenue and Third Street)
- Steve’s Espresso (southeast corner of McClintock Drive and Baseline Road)
- US Egg (southeast corner of Baseline Road and Mill Avenue)
- IKEA (northwest corner of Priest Drive and Warner Road)
The City of Tempe is accepting nominations for its 2020 Tempe Bike Hero Award through April 30. Nominate a Bike Hero.
GRID 7-day pass
Starting April 1, get a free seven-day GRID pass by visiting gridbikes.com and using promo code BIKE2020.