Go anywhere you like conveniently and quickly
- Average commute time is 20 minutes
- Tempe is surrounded by five freeways
- Ten minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Light rail from border to border connects Tempe to Phoenix and Mesa
- Extensive network of bus routes covers the city
- One of the nation’s top “bike-friendly” cities – over 175 miles of bike paths
- Most walkable city in Arizona – and more than 10,000 miles of hiking trails in the region for those looking for more opportunities to stretch their legs
- Five free Orbit bus circulators connect Tempe neighborhoods
- Streetcar system coming in 2021
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- 10 minutes from downtown Tempe
- 20 major airlines
- Non-stop flights to more than 100 cities around the world
- Known as Friendliest Airport in America
- Winner of Airport Innovation Award
- Valley Metro Rail line connects Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa.
- Free Sky Train brings people from Tempe directly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport terminals
- Tempe is the only city in Arizona to have border to border service.
- Connects to bus routes and soon, Tempe Streetcar
- Tempe will be the only Greater Phoenix Metropolitan Area city to have a streetcar
- 3 miles, 14 stops
- Connects to light rail
- Connects riders to neighborhoods, business centers, regional events and major destinations.
- Opens in 2021
- Freeway access is quick and easy
- Six freeways surround Tempe
- Freeway goes straight into Sky Harbor International Airport with the Sky Train
- I-10, Loop 101, Loop 202, US60, I-143, I-153
- 365 days a year
- Service on all major arteries
- Connects to other area cities
- 15-minute peak-period service from 6 to 9 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Free Orbit shuttles connect to ASU campus, downtown Tempe and neighborhoods
- League of American Bicyclists Gold-Level Bicycle-Friendly Community Award winner.
- 4 percent of Tempe residents bike to work
- Among highest percentages of bicycle commuters in the country