The Tempe History Museum involves the public at many levels. One of the most important ways that you can get involved is as a volunteer or intern.
With a small staff, the Museum relies heavily on a corps of committed community volunteers and college interns. Opportunities exist for just about everyone from teens to seniors, from the shy to the outgoing, from permanent residents, to students and winter visitors.
Volunteers assist with a variety of different activities at the museum, such as:
• Catalogue, number, and house artifacts
• Photograph artifacts and scanning images into the collections database
• Conducting research and oral history interviews
• Construct and installing new exhibits
• Enter information into our computer database
• Give presentations for educational programs
• Give guided tours at Tempe History Museum and Petersen House
• Set up stage, sound, lights and furniture for events
•Assist in setting up exhibitions
• Set up stage, sound, lights and furniture for program
• Help host public and educational programs and events
For more information, check out the Volunteer Information or contact the Volunteer Coordinator for the City of Tempe, at (480) 350 5190