The Adopt-A-Park program brings Tempe neighbors and community members together in an effort to maintain our neighborhood parks.
Clean, green and safe parks are an essential part of creating and maintaining a friendly and healthy community. Tempe’s parks help increase the visual appeal of neighborhoods and provide a safe place for neighbors to gather, friends to meet and kids to play.
The Adopt-A-Park program offers neighborhood groups, community organizations and local businesses a way to help enhance the appearance, safety and cleanliness of these important entities.
Duties for Adoptive Groups include:
- Picking up trash and litter
- Raking leaves, pulling weeds and fluffing playground sand
- Sanitizing playground equipment with soap and water
- Sweeping all hard surfaces (i.e. basketball courts, sidewalks, ramadas, etc.
- Reporting any vandalism, dirty restrooms, unsafe conditions and/or necessary repairs
- Special projects that may be assigned by parks and recreation staff
Benefits of Adopting a Neighborhood Park include:
- Makes a positive difference in the community
- Serves as a team-building exercise for the organization
- City recognition of the adoptive group
Applications for the Adopt-A-Park program are accepted year-round.