The Kiwanis Pool is open and we can't wait to welcome you back!
Gov. Ducey issued an Executive Order on June 29 that provided new guidelines for city-operated pools, gyms and events. As a result, the following changes are in effect:
- Open swim and lap swim will continue with strict physical distancing, face covering and cleaning protocols in place. Groups of 10 or more will not be allowed to congregate in or out of pools.
Visit tempe.gov/reopening for the latest information.
Here's what to expect:
- There will be no waves for the rest of 2020 - enjoy the calm waters.
- Face coverings are required at all times, except when you're in the water.
- Temperature checks are required upon entry and physical distancing must be in place inside and outside the pool.
- Maximum pool capacity will be 40 people.
- Wrist bands can be purchased up to 30 minutes before drop-in swim sessions. These will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
- Drop-in groups will be split into small groups and guided into the pool area separately to allow for physical distancing while entering the pool areas.
- It is highly encouraged to come ready to swim to maximize your time in the pool.
Kiwanis Pool Hours
Drop-In Swim Sessions
Everyday except Friday, 1:30-3 p.m. & 3:30-5 pm.
Monday-Thursday, 7-10 a.m. & 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Saturday, 8-11 a.m.
Catch a wave at the Kiwanis Wave Pool!
(Waves will not be running in 2020)
Welcome to the Valley's only indoor seasonal wave pool! This fun-filled facility features three foot waves in eight varying patterns, with climate controlled waters year-round. The pool also includes a 122 feet long by 16 feet tall double spiral water slide and six lap lanes. Raft and tube rentals are available, along with family, women’s and men’s changing rooms and restrooms.
Kiwanis Recreation Center
6111 S. All-America Way
Tempe, AZ 85283
Press 0 (Front Desk)
Press 2 (Wave Pool info)
Press 3 (Lap/Open Swim info)
(480) 350-5777 (Fax)
Lap Swim Hours and Fees
Monday - Thursday
|Morning||7 a.m. - 10 a.m.|
|Evening||5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
*Hours subject to change
For a printable calendar, click here (PDF)
Lap Swim Fees:
|General Admission (13 & up)||$4.00|
Kiwanis Waves Hours and Fees
(NO WAVES in 2020)
Wave Pool Fees
|General Admission (13 & up)||$7.00|
|Youth Admission (2-12)||$5.00|
Mid-day discounted fee (3-5 p.m.):
|General Admission (13 & up)||$5.00|
|Youth Admission (2-12)||$4.00|
Life jackets are available at no additional charge on a first come, first served basis.
Wave pool features:
- Three foot waves in eight varying patterns
- 122 ft. long by 16 ft. tall double spiral water slide
- Comfortable water temps between 84-86ºF
- Six lap lanes
- Raft and tube rentals
- Family changing room
- Men's and women's locker rooms with individual lockers, showers and restrooms
To make your visit more enjoyable, please be aware of the following safety rules:
- Children, seven years and under must:
- Be within arm’s reach of an adult at all time
- Be accompanied by someone at least 16 years of age at a ratio of four children to one adult
- Only U.S. Coast Guard Type I, II, III Approved Life Jackets are permitted in the wave pool
- To ride the water slide, swimmers must be 48 inches tall
|Swim Lessons||Swim Team|
|Become a Lifeguard||Pool Parties|