Kiwanis Recreation Center and Pool are reopening on June 20 and we can't wait to welcome you back!
Masks are required in the building at all times, unless you are in the pool. Temperature checks may be required and physical distancing must be in place. Here's what else to expect:
Recreation Center Hours
- Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fridays - Closed
- Saturday & Sunday - 8 a.m to 6 p.m.
*Drop-in visits to the gym and fitness center will be available with limited capacity.
The Kiwanis Recreation Center Gymnasium is a 9,500 sq. ft, state-of-the-art, hardwood-floored regulation size facility that hosts City sports leagues, open gym, and provides rental opportunities. The facility is equipped with 2 full sized basketball courts and 4 adjustable official-height baskets. The gym can be divided into two halves; the East gym and West gym. Each half of the gym has three basketball hoops and open space to conduct a variety of games and activities. There are scheduled open play hours for Basketball, Pickleball and Volleyball during the week (see drop-in schedules below).
The gym is available to rent for athletic and non-athletic events. Athletic rentals include basketball, volleyball, soccer, etc. Non-athletic rentals include family reunions, corporate events or parties. A Facility Use Application must be filled out and submitted by the timeline listed below:
- Athletic event; required to submit a minimum of 3 business days prior to the date requested.
- Non-athletic event; required to submit a minimum of 10 business days prior to event date.
|(Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, etc.)|
|Full Gymnasium||$105 per hour|
|Half Gymnasium||$55 per hour|
|(Family Reunions, Corporate Events, Parties)|
|Full Gym||$150 per hour (min. 4 hours)|
|*Subject to additional fees based on event|
To rent the gymnasium, fill out the Facility Use Application and Permit.
For more information, view the Gym Permit Policies and Procedures.
For more information, view the Gym Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s).
For more information, view the Gym Rules of Use.
*Rental hours are subject to availability.
*Set up and clean up time must be included in the reservation time.
DROP-IN PROGRAMS:The gym is available for Open Basketball play when it is not in use by city scheduled programs or private rentals. Hours listed below are subject to change. Questions? Call the front desk at 480-350-5201 to verify basketball open gym hours are available.
Reservations are required for any individual or team practice, instruction, coaching session, skills drill, etc. Coaching or instruction of any kind during open gym is prohibited.
Open Basketball Play Hours
|Monday||9 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||10 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Sunday||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
Kiwanis Gymnasium offers drop-in programs for volleyball and pickleball. Nets and balls are provided for drop-in use. Participants must be 16 years or older, both programs are co-rec. Please see below for schedule and fees. Discounted admission is available with a valid AZ Driver’s License or AZ ID Card displaying a Tempe address.
Volleyball (drop-in volleyball is unavailable until further notice)
|Sunday||11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.||$4 per person|
|Tuesday & Thursday||7 a.m. - 10 a.m.||$4 per person|
For weekly updated gym hours, call 480-350-5201, ext. 6 or TTY 480-350-5050.
Gym Policies and Procedures
- Patrons must check in at the front desk before entering the gym.
- A wristband must always be worn when playing in the gym.
- We want our gym to be a positive enjoyable place for all patrons. Please do your part to achieve this goal.
- Please follow the Code of Conduct while enjoying all the drop-in programs.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times including shirts, shorts/pants and shoes.
- Non-marking, athletic shoes only.
- Food, drink or candy is prohibited; except for water in a resealable container.
- Reservations are required for any individual or team practice, instruction, coaching session, skills drill, etc. Coaching or instruction of any kind during open gym is prohibited.
- Dunking or hanging on the rims is prohibited.
- Direct supervision of children 7 years of age and under is required by a responsible person (aged 16 or older).