Gov. Ducey issued an Executive Order on June 29 that provided new guidelines for city-operated pools, gyms and events. As a result, the following changes are in effect at Escalante Community Center:
- Open swim and lap swim will continue with strict physical distancing, face covering and cleaning protocols in place. Groups of 10 or more will not be allowed to congregate in or out of pools.
- The fitness center and gymnasium are closed until further notice.
- All exercise classes are canceled.
- Summer camps will continue since classes have less than 50 kids and physical distancing is in place.
Visit tempe.gov/reopening for the latest information.
Masks are required in the building at all times, unless you are in the pool. Temperature checks may be required and physical distancing must be in place. Here's what else to expect:
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday, Noon-5:30 p.m.
Open swim sessions
Monday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
1:30-3 p.m. AND 3-5:30 p.m.
The Escalante Community Center has been dedicated to serving the community by introducing education and recreation programs to toddlers, youth, teens and seniors since 1971. The 30,000 square foot facility offers education and recreational opportunities to youth and adults.
Escalante Community Center
2150 E. Orange St.
Tempe, AZ 85281
(480) 350-5800 - Fax (480) 350-5815