What is HIPP?
HIPP is Tempe's Home Improvement Planning Program. Let us help you navigate remodeling of the exterior or interior of your home, convert your garage or Arizona rooms into a bedroom or master suite, expand your kitchen, or create a new patio.
What Isn't HIPP?
- HIPP is not a grant program or a design service
- HIPP does not create site plans, blueprints, or construction documents
- HIPP cannot refer architects and contractors
HIPP Homeowner Process1. No Cost Consultation
Meet with staff, outline the process and ask questions
2. Project Submittal
Submit your application, plans and plan review fee
3. Plan Review
Get corrections, make changes, get plan approval, get your building permit and pay the fee.
Start building and complete your work, then pass the final building inspection
What You Get
- We connect you to someone who will help you through the entire process – your own personal HIPPster
- We’ll help you find ways to make the most of the space on your property by showing you where setbacks are, what City and Zoning Codes allow, and share ideas
- We can identify upgrades that may be required with your project, such as water meters or electrical panels
- In the end, we hope you create a home that best fits your life, makes you happy, and helps establish long-term roots in Tempe neighborhoods
What We All Get
- Improved curb appeal and neighborhood pride
- Renovated homes often see an increase in property values, sometimes raising the value of a whole street
- One renovated home often inspires an entire area, creating a ripple effect
- People who love their homes often live there longer, creating friendlier, well-connected neighborhoods
Contact UsPlease contact Project Assistance Team at email@example.com
or Lisa Loyd at 480-350-8644 for general inquiries or to schedule an appointment.
- HIPP brochure [.pdf]