Neighborhood Services and the Tempe Police Department would like to assist you with hosting a successful G.A.I.N. event and increasing your attendance. The following tips are being provided to help increase your attendance.
- Ask individuals in person for help.
- Get more people in your event by asking them to do little things.
- People who help you plan may have connections with neighbors you don’t know as well; they may draw new people to the event.
- Tailor your event to the people living on your block. For example, if you have a lot of little children, plan activities that will be interesting to young kids and their parents.
- Invite all neighbors well in advance and in person. People are much more likely to participate when asked in person instead of reading about the event in a flyer, on social media or e-mail message.
- Invite the owner/managers of rental property on your block. Ask them to invite their tenants.
- Encourage involvement from businesses on or near your neighborhood.
- Create or update your neighborhood block map while inviting. Tell everyone that the new maps will be available at your event.
- Extend your event to invite a nearby street. Everyone will meet new neighbors and effectiveness of your neighborhood watch/GAIN Event will spread