If you elect to block off your street to accommodate your G.A.I.N. event, the following steps are required:
- Written requests for temporary street closures shall be submitted to the City Transportation Division.
- The petition for temporary street closure for a block party can be obtained by clicking here
- The City will furnish the necessary barricades and “street closed” signs. It shall be the responsibility of those organizing the party to pick up and return the barricades and signs to the Traffic Operations Facility, 945 W. Rio Salado Parkway during regular city hours (before 3:30p.m.). A refundable deposit of $25.00 will be required.
- Block parties are restricted to residential districts and will not be allowed on collector and arterial streets.
- It shall be the responsibility of those organizing the party to erect and remove the necessary barricades and signs.
- If you have any questions regarding the procedure for temporary street closure, contact Julian Dresang, Transportation Division at 350-8025.
If your neighborhood is planning an event in any of the City Parks for G.A.I.N. Night, the responsible party will need to contact Tempe Parks and Recreation at 350-5200 to make reservations. Park Ramada in Kiwanis Park, Clark Park, Hollis Park, Daley Park and Papago Park can be reserved. Park Permits will be issued for any other city parks. Be sure to inform Parks and Recreations that this is a G.A.I.N. event in order to have the fee waived.