Request for Public Information Form, Copy Fee Schedule, Building Construction Activity Reports
Building Safety compiles monthly statistical reports reflecting construction activity and permit issuance in the City of Tempe. Building Construction Activity Reports are available from 2007 to 2017. Our new report system is available under Building Permits Issued and can be customized. The Fire Department have separate fees for their files.
In order to view or obtain copies of Community Development public records, it is necessary to submit a Public Records Request Form. The turnaround time for the request is determined by the scope of the request and the average processing time is 20 business days. Fees will be charged as per the Copy Fee Schedule for hard copies of the documents. The Fire Department will have separate fees for their files.
Permanent records are available as follows:
- Building permits
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Commercial building plans (Note: residential plans are NOT retained permanently; they are destroyed one year after final permit inspection.)
- Hearing Officer files
- Board of Adjustment files
- Design Review Board/Development Review files
- Planning & Zoning Commission files
The City of Tempe offers information on the website. Please visit the following suggestions:
- Building Safety: https://epermits.tempe.gov/citizenaccess/
- Tempe Zoning: https://data.tempe.gov/showcase/zoning-map
Another external resources is the Maricopa County Assessor's office: https://maps.mcassessor.maricopa.gov
If you have questions about the types of records available, please call our main number at 480-350-4311.
Completed Public Records Requests forms may be submitted via one of the follow ways:
- Email CDprr@tempe.gov
- Fax to 480-350-8560
- Mail to the City of Tempe, Community Development Department, P.O. Box 5002, Tempe, AZ 85280-5002
- In person at the Community Development Department, 31 East 5th Street, Garden Level, Tempe, AZ 85281
Email questions or comments about this page to: email@example.com