Request for Public Information Form, Copy Fee Schedule, Building Construction Activity Reports
Building Safety compiles monthly statistical reports reflecting construction activity and permit issuance in the City of Tempe. Building Construction Activity Reports are available from 2007 to 2017. Our new report system is available under Building Permits Issued and can be customized.
In order to view or obtain copies of Community Development public records, it is necessary to submit a Public Records Request Form. The turnaround time for the request is determined by the scope of the request. Fees will be charged as per the Copy Fee Schedule. A Credit Card Authorization form is required when faxing in records requests.
Permanent records are available as follows:
- Building permits
- Certificates of Occupancy
- Commercial building plans (Note: residential plans are NOT retained permanently; they are destroyed one year after final permit inspection.)
- Hearing Officer files
- Board of Adjustment files
- Design Review Board/Development Review files
- Planning & Zoning Commission files
Starting January 1, 2019,
a minimum $43.00 charge will be in effect for all commercial requests (see page 2 of the Public Records Request form):
- Sale or resale or for the purpose of producing a document containing all or part of the copy, printout, or photograph for sale, or
- Obtaining of names and addresses from such public records for the purpose of solicitation, or
- For any purpose in which the purchaser can reasonably anticipate the receipt of monetary gain from the direct or indirect use of such public record.
The fee covers research for the first hour, and $21.50 will be charged for each additional ½ hour.
The Fire Department will have separate charges and are not included with this fee.
If you have questions about the types of records available, please call our main number at 480-350-4311.
Completed Request for Public Information forms, along with a Credit Card Authorization form may be submitted via:
- Fax to 480-350-8560
- Mail to the City of Tempe, Community Development Department, P.O. Box 5002, Tempe, AZ 85280-5002
- In person at the Community Development Department, 31 East 5th Street, Garden Level, Tempe, AZ 85281
Email questions or comments about this page to: firstname.lastname@example.org