Regional Jobs at the U.S. Census National Processing Center in Phoenix
Material Handlers - $17.50 per hour
Clerks - $16.50 per hour
Clerk vacancies will remain posted for the next few months, as well. In fact, HR will be pulling the first list of Clerk applicants who meet the minimum qualifications to begin contacting for offers next week!
Apply soon! The Census will continue pulling lists of applicants for contact every 2-4 weeks thereafter through the beginning of 2020.
- Full Time, Part Time, Day and Evening shifts
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits available
- Retirement and 401k
- Paid annual and sick leave accrued by pay period
- 1 year appointment may be extended not past Dec 2020
- Must have HS Diploma or GED
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have at least 1 year general (any kind) experience
- Background Checks; No Drug Tests
These vacancies are for the National Processing Center - Phoenix and not Field Operations for people going door to door to collect Census information. These positions are Full-Time, indoor jobs with full benefits as listed above within the processing center located near 43rd Avenue and Buckeye Road
The application process is through usajobs.gov. Candidates should keyword search NPC and location Phoenix for all of the vacancies that are open. Applicants should apply to every position of choice.
Upcoming dates of Information Sessions and Job Fairs:
- Thursday, September 12, 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. - Mesa Community College On Campus, 1833 W Southern (Mesa)
- Friday, September 13, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - Maximus Federal Jobs Program Info Session, 120 W. 1st Ave, Mesa (Mesa)
- Monday, September 16, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - Maximus Federal Jobs Program Info Session, 3425 E Van Buren St., Ste 104, Phoenix
- Wednesday, September 18, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - AZ Hire Me Job Fair Maryvale, Maryvale Community Center
- Thursday, September 19, 1 -5 p.m. - ASU Math and Stats Job Fair
- Friday, September 20, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. - East Valley Arizona@Work, 735 N Gilbert Road (Gilbert)
2020 Census Large Scale Recruiting Efforts for Field and Local Office Positions
The recruiting effort will take place from September 2019 to February 2020.