You may have received more than one charge on your Arizona Traffic Ticket and Complaint Form. If you qualify for the defensive driving program option, it may be applied to only one eligible traffic charge. However, you must appear in court or pay fines for any additional charges you may have received, on or within ten days before the appearance date on your complaint. If you receive an extension to complete a defensive driving class it only applies to the eligible charge.
- You will not have to go to court for one traffic charge. That charge will be dismissed.
- You will receive no points against your license for that charge. Points may increase insurance rates, and may result in a license suspension.
- You will not have to pay a fine for that charge.
You are eligible if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You have not attended a Defensive Driving Class in the State of Arizona for dismissal of a traffic charge within the past twelve months (violation date to violation date).
- A violation code on your complaint matches one that is indicated in blue text and noted with an asterisk (*) on the FINE SCHEDULE.
- Your traffic charge did not result from an accident involving death or serious physical injury.
- Note: Per A.R.S. 28-3392(A)(2), a commercial driver’s license holder is eligible to attend a defensive driving class only if the individual was driving a vehicle requiring a class D license or a class M license and the vehicle was not being used for commercial purposes.
What To Do:
- Enroll immediately online or by calling toll free 1-888-334-5565:
Defensive Driving Schools Information for Arizona (Online Registration)
- Complete the class at least seven business days prior to the court date written above your signature on the complaint.
- You MUST bring the following to the class:
- Driver’s license
- Copy of the complaint
- Money Order or Cashier's Check - NO cash, NO personal checks will be accepted.
Failure to complete the defensive driving class AT LEAST SEVEN DAYS PRIOR to your court date may result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest and/or driver license suspension with additional monetary penalties being imposed.