If you have been cited for a City Code or Title 28 Moving violation, while operating a bicycle, you may be eligible to attend a Bicycle Diversion Class instead of paying the fine. If your complaint contains more than one charge, you must appear or pay those fine(s) at the Court on or before the appearance date on the bottom of the complaint.
- The charge will be dismissed.
- You will not have to pay the fine for that charge.
- The violation was committed while operating a bicycle.
- Your bicycle charge has not already been set for a trial/hearing.
What to Do:
- Appear in Court to pay a $50.00 Diversion Fee and retain the receipt.
- Visit the Arizona State University Bicycle Safety website HERE to register, pay the class fee and complete the Bike Diversion Class.
You MUST have the following to register for the class:
- Copy of the complaint.
- Receipt for payment of Diversion Fee.
- $18 Class Fee (paid by credit or debit card only)
Failure to complete the bicycle diversion class AT LEAST THREE BUSINESS DAYS PRIOR to your court date may result in additional monetary penalties being imposed.