The Police Cadet Program is a volunteer program through the city of Tempe. This program is designed for young men and women ages 14 through 20 interested in law enforcement as a potential career. Cadets are mentored by a group of dedicated sworn and civilian police employees, who emphasize self-confidence, strong work ethic, accountability, and integrity. The Cadet Program provides training's in a variety of law enforcement topics, opportunities to participate in local and national explorer competitions and training's, and involvement with department and community service projects.
- 14-20 and 1/2 years of age
- Be enrolled in high school or college
- Maintain a minimum of a "C" grade average
- Be of good moral character
- Have no serious driving infractions or criminal record
- Demonstrate a willingness to serve others