Go anywhere you like conveniently and quickly using Tempe transportation.
- Average commute time is 20 minutes
- Tempe is surrounded by 5 freeways
- 10 minutes from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- Light rail from border to border connects Tempe to Phoenix and Mesa
- Extensive network of bus routes covers the city
- One of the nation’s top “bike-friendly” cities – over 175 miles of bike paths
- Most walkable city in Arizona – more than 10,000 miles of hiking trails in the region
- 5 Orbit Circulators connect all Tempe neighborhoods
- Streetcar system coming in 2021
10 minutes from downtown Tempe
20 major airlines
Non-stop flights to more than 100 cities around the world
Known as Friendliest Airport in America
Winner of Airport Innovation Award
Valley Metro Rail line connects Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa.
Free Sky Train brings people from Tempe directly into Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport terminals
Tempe is the only city in Arizona to have border to border service.
Connects to bus routes and soon, Tempe Streetcar
Tempe will be the only Greater Phoenix Metropolitan Area city to have a streetcar
3 miles, 14 stops
Connects to light rail
Connects riders to neighborhoods, business centers, regional events and major destinations.
Opens in 2021
Freeway access is quick and easy
Six freeways surround Tempe
Freeway goes straight into Sky Harbor International Airport
I-10, Loop 101, Loop 202, US60, I-143, I-153
365 days a year
Service on all major arteries
Connects to other area cities
15-minute peak-period service from 6 to 9 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Free Orbit shuttles connect to ASU campus, downtown Tempe and neighborhoods
League of American Bicyclists Gold-Level Bicycle-Friendly Community Award winner.
4 percent of Tempe residents bike to work
Among highest percentages of bicycle commuters in the country
Walkscore.com best city in Arizona for walking.
Beautiful paths along Tempe Town Lake, Kiwanis Park, ASU Research Park, SRP canal system