3500 S. Rural Road
Tempe, Arizona 85282
(Rural & Southern) | Map
Monday - Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Thursday - Saturday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday: Noon - 5 p.m.
All visitors have access to the following services:
More than 100 public computers
Find even more library card access computers at Escalante, North Tempe, and Westside Community Centers
- Printing, photocopying, faxing and scanning equipment
- Wifi access
- 8 study rooms
- Youth, teen, adult, and senior programming
Additional services from the Friends of the Tempe Public Library:
- The Friends Bookstore
- The Connections Café
- Home to one of the ASU Osher Lifelong Learning Institute locations
How to manage your account online:
- Library Cards
Library cards are available free of charge to residents of Tempe and Maricopa County, and those that live or work in Tempe, with a current photo ID. Learn more.
- Check Out
Borrowers may check out up to 30 books, 10 DVDs/CDs, and 2 items from our "Bestseller Express" collection. Learn more.
Renew online, by phone at (480) 350-5656, or in-person.
- Hold Items
Place up to 20 items on Hold through your account. Learn more.
Enjoy multiple digital collections including eBooks, eAudioBooks, eMagazines, streaming video, and streaming music.
- Request Items
Request items not in the library collection here.
- Culture Pass - Museum Pass Check Out
Check out free passes for cultural institutions and museums via the Culture Pass program.
- SRP Energy Monitors
Check out an SRP TrickleStar Energy Monitor as part of the SRP Energy Analyzer Program (3 week checkout).
Return books at either our indoor or outdoor book drops.
How to Renew:
How to place a hold:
Additional facilities and offices:
- BRiC (Business Resource and Innovation Center) (Main floor)
- College Connect (Teen Room - Lower Level)
- Community Services Administration (Suite 203)
- Edna Vihel Center
- Human Services Department (Suite 202)
- Pyle Adult Recreation Center
- Recreation Services (Suite 201)
- Tempe History Museum
- Grid Bike Share - Bicycle Rental (SW corner of Rural Rd. & Southern Ave.)
- Electric car charging stations (Blink Plus: $0.02/30 seconds; Blink Guest: $0.03/30 seconds)
- City recycling drop-off sites (near Rural Rd. entrance)
- Textile recycling (Clothing, shoes, etc.) (near Rural Rd. entrance)
- Utility & Sales Tax drop-off location (near main entrance roundabout)
- Post Office box site (near SE lot)