A NaNoWriMo "Write-In" is a place where participants can meet and work on their novels as a group. Writers will have access to the Friends of the Library Connections Café upstairs (food and drink are permitted), as well as lots of space with tables, chairs, and outlets to write.
RSVP! - East Valley NaNoWriMo Facebook Group - Click "Events"Have questions about NaNoWriMo or have some great ideas for other writing opportunities at Tempe Public Library?
Contact our librarian and read more below.
Jill Brenner, Adult Programming Librarian: firstname.lastname@example.org
November is National Novel Writing Month, otherwise known as NaNoWriMo. Librarians and libraries are great advocates and participants of this challenge because it supports our goals of literacy, a love of creative fiction & reading, and it’s just plain fun!
Below you’ll find a compilation of NaNoWriMo resources, as well as a number of other helpful links to get you started on the path toward writing your novel.
- What is NaNoWriMo?
- NaNoWriMo FAQ
- Create an account at NaNoWriMo.org
- NaNoWriMo Pep Talks
- Official NaNoWriMo Word-Count Helpers
- NaNoWriMo Writer Forums
- Find Local NaNoWriMo Events – Tempe residents use the “Arizona – East Valley” Region.
- NaNoWriMo Young Writers Program – For writers 17 and under. Great resources for educators and families.
- Camp NaNoWriMo – Writing challenges for the months of April and July.