Information Your Way
Tempe has several social media accounts and email lists to help you stay informed. We offer many Facebook accounts, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram. We want to communicate with you the way you want, about the subjects you care most about. From boating to history, public safety to the library, we have you covered. Look to the menu to the left for a complete list of pages. Below you can see the latest posts for some of our accounts. Enjoy!
Are you ready for the biggest July 4th party in the Valley? Here's a sneak peek from LANE CHANGE, one of the bands performing at this year's Fox 10 July 4th Tempe Town Lake Festival. Kianna Martinez is also back this year, along with Donovan and the All Stars. Tickets are on sale now - save $$ by purchasing early. NEW THIS YEAR - a clear bag policy is being implemented! Get all the info here: www.tempe4th.com.
It's another "warm" day in June, and we have an historic thirst-quencher from Tempe's past. Andrew sent us a great image of a FedMart Cola can - a reminder of those summer days for everyone who grew up here in the 60's and 70's. We've also added a notice from the June 16, 1963 Arizona Republic about the construction of Tempe's original FedMart at 1525 E. Apache - the store moved to it's bigger location at McClintock and Broadway in 1968.
What does your Tempe Town Lake journey look like? Whether you are rowing, dragon boating or paddling an OC1 our community is racking up some serious miles! Come make your own map. www.tempe.gov/boating
Social Media Guidelines for Users
We have a few friendly rules of the road for our social media accounts.
Your comments that are on topic are welcome and encouraged but please note that social media accounts operated by the City of Tempe have some guidelines to follow. We like to keep our accounts G-rated, friendly and fun. These pages are moderated online discussion sites and not a public forum. The City of Tempe reserves the right to delete submissions that contain:
1. Vulgar language
2. Personal attacks
3. Comments that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation
4. Spam or links to other sites
5. Clearly off topic information
6. Illegal activities or the promotion of illegal activities
7. Promotion of particular services, products or political organizations
8. Infringements on copyrights or trademarks
9. Personally identifiable medical information
10. Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations
Since everyone is entitled to an opinion and we want to hear yours, the comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and positions of the City of Tempe government, its officers or employees. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.