31st Annual Mayor's Disability Awards
- Date: 03/26/2019 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Tempe Center for the Arts
700 W. Rio Salado Parkway
Tempe, Arizona 85281
- Introduction: Nominations due Feb. 21; event on March 26
Nominate Someone for a Disability Award
Deadline: Feb. 21, 2019
Click here for the online nomination form.
Outstanding High School Student
Business & Employment:
Tom Ringhofer Architectural Award
Business Leadership Award
Employer of the Year
Employee of the Year
Community Support & Volunteering:
Pride of the City
Award Category Details
- Outstanding High School Student – The Tempe Diablos provide scholarships that recognize outstanding Tempe students with disabilities who demonstrate dedication and success as a student, employee, or volunteer.
- Outstanding Youth – Recognizes outstanding youth with disabilities who demonstrates dedication and success as a student or volunteer.
- Exceptional Educator – Honors a teacher, school staff member or school support person who has provided exceptional education and support to students with disabilities.
- Tom Ringhofer Architectural Award – Recognizes a Tempe business, resident, architect, developer or city department that has improved access for people with disabilities in private or public buildings, outdoor spaces, transportation, or other areas.
- Business Leadership Award – Recognizes a business that has improved access opportunities for Tempe residents with disabilities.
- Employer of the Year – Honors a Tempe business or organization that employs individuals with disabilities.
- Employee of the Year – Honors a Tempe employee or resident who has demonstrated exemplary performance or provided outstanding employment services for people with disabilities.
- Community Service – Honors a person, organization or business that has made a significant contribution by providing or improving personal and community support for individuals with disabilities.
- Pride of the City – Recognizes an individual, group, business or organization that has demonstrated a long-term commitment in improving the quality of life for all the residents of Tempe.