Holiday Safety Day with Tempe Fire Medical Rescue
- Date: 12/15/2018 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: Tempe Fire Training Facility
1340 E. University Drive
Tempe, Arizona 85281
- Introduction: Keep your festivities fun and safe at our free event
It’s family fun with safety in mind at the Tempe Fire Medical Rescue Department’s free Holiday Safety Day, Saturday, Dec. 15, 9 a.m. to noon, at the Tempe/APS Joint Fire Training Facility, 1340 E. University Drive.
The holiday season creates a festive atmosphere in many of our homes with trees, strings of lights and garland, candles and fireplaces and lots of cooking. So, learn safe ways to decorate while keeping your home and loved-ones safe.
The fire department will have demonstrations, information and staff to show attendees how to prevent fires and respond to medical problems.
- How fast does a dry tree burn?Two prepared trees will go up in flames, but one has safety features and the other does not.
- Cord boards of frayed, chewed and worn out electrical cords will help you spot problems with your own cords and strings of lights.
- Prevent cooking fires and skin burns with a few tips and inexpensive tools. Learn what they are and how to use them.
- Would you know how to put out a small fire? Learn the effective way to handle a fire extinguisher.
- Hands-only CPR is an important lifesaving skill. Take part in the demonstrations from department paramedics and nurses.
- Explore a fire truck and talk to firefighters about how they respond to emergencies.
While at the event, sign up for a Home Safety Survey. A representative from Tempe Fire Medical Rescue will come to your home for a general safety assessment and to install a free smoke detector.
Get more information about winter holidays safety at www.tempe.gov/ReduceRisk or by calling the fire department’s Community Risk Reduction division at 480-858-7230.