Transit and street closure info. for JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes
Several downtown Tempe streets closed or restricted for the JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes. The following streets will be closed or restricted Nov. 3.
• Rio Salado Pkwy will be closed in both directions between Ash Avenue and Mill Ave from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
All other streets will be closed from 8:45 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• Rural Road/Scottsdale Road will be restricted to one lane southbound between Gilbert Drive and Rio Salado Parkway.
• College Avenue will be closed southbound between Curry Road and Gilbert Drive.
• Gilbert Drive will be closed eastbound between College Avenue and Scottsdale Road.
• Curry Road will be closed eastbound between Mill Avenue and College Avenue.
• Lakeview Drive will be closed in both directions between Washington Street and Curry Road.
• Mill Avenue will be closed in both directions between Washington Street/Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
• The eastbound SR202 exit ramp will be closed at Scottsdale Road.
The following bus detours will occur Nov. 3 from the start of service until approximately 12 p.m.
Earth Eastbound – From Tempe Transportation Center; east on 5th St/Veterans Way to 6th St.; east on 6th St. to Rural Rd.; north on Rural Rd./Scottsdale Rd. to resume regular route at Weber Dr.
Earth Westbound – Regular route south on Scottsdale Rd. to Weber Dr.; continue south on Scottsdale Rd./Rural Rd. to 6th St.; west on 6th St. to Veterans Way; west on Veterans Way/5th St. to Tempe Transportation Center.
To find the best parking and access options for any individual business on Mill Avenue, please call the business.