The purpose of the city of Tempe Bike Hero Award is to:
• celebrate bicycling in Tempe;
• increase awareness of bicycling as an alternative mode of transportation;
• promote bicycling as an environmentally-friendly recreational activity; and
• illustrate the dedication of Tempe residents and organizations to bicycling.
• Nominations are open to individuals and organizations that contribute to making Tempe a bicycle friendly community.
• Individuals must currently, or at the time of contribution, live or work in Tempe.
• Organizations must be Tempe based.
HOW TO NOMINATE
There is no cost to enter. Nominations should include why this individual or organization deserves to win a Tempe Bike Hero Award. Include how the nominee promotes bicycling in Tempe, list his/her or the organization’s achievements and contributions to bicycling, and list specific instances of bicycle advocacy. Contributions that could qualify for the award include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
• demonstration of using a bicycle as a significant mode of transportation
• consistent implementation of bike-friendly facilities at a business site
• organization of bike events
• bike-friendly elements in facility design
• bike safety advocacy
• youth involvement in bicycling
• advocacy for bicycle-friendly roads
Download a nomination form.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
November 30, 2013
NOMINATIONS CAN BE MAILED TO
City of Tempe
Attn: Sue Taaffe
31 E. Fifth St. 2nd floor
Tempe, AZ 85281
Or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact, Sue Taaffe at (480) 350-8663.