Now is the time for cleaning and giving your Clothing and Household Textiles a new life!
The City of Tempe announces a new opportunity to recycle used/worn-out clothing and household textiles, such as linens and towels, at Tempe’s Neighborhood Recycling Drop-off locations. Since consumer textiles make up five percent of materials found in landfills, there by recycling the items you can help avoid trash disposal costs, conserve energy, and create jobs. Usable items are repurposed into insulation and acoustical products. Place your clothing and household textiles in City of Tempe blue recycling containers identified as “Clothing, Linens & Towels Recycling”. Clothing and household textiles should be clean, dry, and free of mold and other contaminants, such as solvents, paints, etc.
City of Tempe blue textile recycling containers are located at the following locations:
- Arizona Historical Museum – 1300 N. College
- Jaycee Park – 517 W 5th Street
- Kiwanis Recreation Center – 6111. S. All-American Way
- South Tempe Police Substation – 8201 S. Hardy
- Tempe Household Collection Center – 1320 E. University
- Tempe Public Library – 3500 S. Rural
- Tempe Field Operations – 55 S. Priest
Click here for the map of locations
Keep textiles out of the trash. Wear it and recycle it.
Tempe Recycles …because once is not enough
For additional information, please call or email Lucy Morales at (480) 350-8224, email@example.com
Last updated: 5/7/2012 2:02:54 PM