Transit and street closure info. for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Several streets will be closed or restricted for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk on Oct. 26. The following street restrictions and closures have been identified. However others could be put in place to address public safety concerns that arise during the event. The information provided by the City of Tempe is for public information purposes only. All restrictions/closures are based on preliminary assessments and can be increased or decreased in scope without notice.
• Rio Salado Parkway will be closed in both directions between Ash and Mill avenues from 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Oct. 26
The following streets will be closed from 7:45 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Oct. 26:
• Rural Road/Scottsdale Road will be restricted to one lane southbound between Gilbert Drive and Rio Salado Parkway.
• College Avenue will be closed southbound between Curry Road and Gilbert Drive.
• Gilbert Drive will be closed eastbound between College Avenue and Scottsdale Road.
• Curry Road will be closed eastbound between Mill Avenue and College Avenue.
• Lakeview Drive will be closed in both directions between Washington Street and Curry Road.
• Mill Avenue will be closed in both directions between Washington Street/Curry Road and Rio Salado Parkway.
• The eastbound Loop 202 exit ramp will be closed at Scottsdale Road.
The following transit detours will be in effect on Oct. 26 from the start of service to 10:30 a.m.:
Orbit Earth Eastbound: Regular route to Mill Ave. & Rio Salado Pkwy.; east on Rio Salado Pkwy. to Rural Rd.; north on Rural Rd. to resume regular route at Weber Dr.
Orbit Earth Westbound: Regular route south on Scottsdale Rd. to Weber Dr.; continue south on Scottsdale Rd. to Rio Salado Pkwy.; west on Rio Salado Pkwy. to Mill Ave.; south on Mill Ave. to resume regular route.
To find the best parking and access options for any individual business on Mill Avenue, please call the business.