We take care of people, profit and planet through a variety of innovative programs, including water and energy conservation, recycling, composting, alternative transportation, sustainable business practices and environmental stewardship.
NEWS & EVENTS
Earth Month Activities
- Tour de Tempe Community Bike Ride - April 7 at 7:30 a.m.
- Sustainable Tempe: Community Forums - April 11 at 6 p.m. and April 13 at 9 a.m.
- Ebb & Flow: Changing Views of the Salt River - Grand Opening April 12, through August
- Xeriscape Workshops - April 13, 20 and 27 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bike to Work Day - April 17 from 6:30 to 8 a.m.
- Zero Waste Day Recycling Event - April 20 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Native Seeds: Family Art Workshop - April 20 from Noon to 2 p.m.
- Earth Day Celebration @ Tempe Public Library - April 20 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- 5th Annual Keep Our Planet Neat, Recycle Your Car Seat - April 26 from 8 a.m. to Noon
- Arbor Day 5K - April 26 at 4 p.m.
- Footprint & Fumes: a fun sustainability board game - through May 25
January through May, Tempe hosts Green Revolution
, an eco-friendly, green-themed exhibition that engages visitors by addressing critical environmental issues concerning the local community. The main exhibition is featured at Tempe Center for the Arts, with associated activities at the Tempe History Museum, Tempe Public Library and ASU Art Museum. Green Revolution
is based on an exhibition originally created by the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, and its Black Creativity Council, and is made available by the Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service.
Air Quality Dept.- Maricopa County
American Institute of Architects
ASU Global Institute of Sustainability
ASU Sustainable Cities Network
AZRC - Arizona Recycling Coalition
AZ Energy Guide
Consumer Energy Center
Natural Resources Defense Council
Sustainable Buildings Industry Council
U. S. Department of Energy
U.S. Green Building Council
Valleywide Recycling Partnership
Whole Building Design
The information and embedded links on this webpage have been compiled by the City of Tempe, Arizona and are offered as a reference and convenience to those seeking basic information. The City of Tempe does not necessarily endorse any of the particular companies or products referenced herein, nor has it verified the accuracy of the information presented in the various links embedded in this webpage. The City of Tempe is not responsible for the content of either the linked web sites or any link contained in a linked web site and does not warrant or guarantee that any of the information is current or applicable to any specific set of circumstances. Clicking on any of the links below will take you away from tempe.gov and to a web site that is not under the control of the City of Tempe.
For information about Tempe's sustainability programs, please contact Amanda Nelson at 480-350-2707 or email@example.com.