Golf Tempe Instructional Program
Let us help you become a better golfer with quality instruction from PGA Professionals!
Whether you are new to the game or an experienced player looking to take your game to the next level, there is a Golf Tempe program that will help you get there! Pick the instruction program that best fits your goals and your budget:
- Individual Private Lessons
- Group Lessons
- Playing Lessons
- Golf Tempe Schools
- Professional Club Fitting
- Corporate and Group Events
- Parks and Recreation Golf Classes
Call to make an appointment:
Ken McDonald Golf Course: 480-350-5250
Rolling Hills Golf Course: 480-350-5275
Individual Private Lessons
Individual private lessons run either 30 or 60 minutes. Junior golfers (age 15 or younger) receive a 50% discount.
• PGA Member Professional: $50 per 45 minutes
• PGA Apprentice Professional: $40 per 45 minutes
Group instruction is a great way to have fun with friends and family while you learn how to Golf Tempe at a lower price per person than individual instruction. All group instruction runs a minimum of one hour.
Pricing is the regular individual rate plus one half off of the standard rate for each additional person. For example, a one hour group lesson for 3 with a PGA professional only costs $100 ($50 + $25 + $25 = $100 ÷ 3 = $33.33).
Playing lessons are the best way to learn how to manage yourself and the golf course. Learn how to deal with the many different situations that arise during a round.
Playing lessons are scheduled and priced by the hour during non peak times in order to maximize your learning and enjoyment. Rates are the normal hourly rate based on the professional. Green fees and cart fees are included.
Clinics covering all parts of the game will be offered at various times of the year. All clinics are led by Greg Salas, PGA Director of Instruction.
- Adult Clinics - $10 per session
- Saturdays 9-10am at Ken McDonald - We will focus on one specific topic and technique each week. Full swing, chipping & pitching, fairway woods & hybrids, irons and of course putting.
- Tuesdays 6-7pm - On the driving range under the lights. We will work on balance, set up, full swing, tempo timing, distance and alignment
- Sundays 9-10am at Ken McDonald
- Ladies Clinics - Check the Ladies Clinic Schedule for upcoming clinic topics
- Wednesdays 10-11am at Rolling Hills, $5 per session
- Thursdays 1-2p at Ken McDonald, $7 per session
- Junior Clinics - Mondays and Wednesdays 4-5pm at Ken McDonald, $15 per week
Golf Tempe Schools
Experience a high end golf school without the high end price!
Golf Tempe offers half day and full day Short Game Schools, Full Swing Schools and Playing Schools. Half day schools include 3 hours of instruction and cost $125 per person.
- All schools are led by PGA Professional and Director of Instruction Greg Salas.
- Student to instructor ratio is 4 to 1 to maximize individual attention.
- Schools will be offered at various times of the year. Check for dates and times.
Professional Club Fitting
You will only play your best golf with equipment that fits you. Receive a professional club fitting before purchasing a putter, irons, wedges or woods to guarantee that they will help your game.
For a quality fitting experience, our PGA Professionals can fit you using the latest technology.
Corporate and Group Events
Whether it is a demonstration clinic or group instruction to reward clients or associates, MGM can work with you to design a fun, entertaining and educational corporate event for your group.
All corporate events are custom tailored for your group and your budget!
Parks and Recreation Golf Classes
Tempe Parks and Recreation offers golf classes covering the fundamentals of golf for residents of all ages. Classes are one-hour in length and run for four weeks. More information about class schedules, registration and costs can be found in the Tempe Opportunities brochure.
Golf Tempe Instructional Program is presented by Ken McDonald and Rolling Hills Golf Courses, along with Millennium Golf Management