2017 Mayor's Disability Awards Photographs:
Irene, Lynn, & Amy Mochel
Since 1988, the City of Tempe has proudly supported and sponsored the Tempe Mayor’s Disability Awards. These awards honor achievements of exceptional individuals with disabilities, employers who have demonstrated a strong commitment to employing people with disabilities, and others who have shown dedication for improving the quality of life for all Tempe residents.
Register to Attend! Space is Limited: RSVP required for Admittance
There are three ways you can register to attend the Mayor's Disability Awards:
- Call 480-350-2770 to leave a message at our RSVP Registration Line. Leave a message with your name, spelling it out, business name (if applicable), address, e-mail, and phone number. Please indicate if you need a disability accommodation to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you, please provide their information also.
- E-mail Megan Hutchison at Megan_Hutchison@tempe.gov with your name, business name (if applicable), address, e-mail address, and phone number. Please indicate if you need any disability accommodations to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you please provide their information also.
- Via 711 Telecommunications Relay Service. Leave a message with your name, spelling it out, business name, address, e-mail, and phone number. Please indicate if you need a disability accommodation to enjoy the celebration. If others are coming with you please provide their information also.
Become a Sponsor!
Click here for the Sponsorship Packet and Sponsorship Commitment Form
Nominate Someone for a Disability Award! Deadline February 24, 2018
Click here for the online nomination form.
Outstanding Student Employer of the year
Business Leadership Community Service
Exceptional Educator Architectural Accessibility
Pride of the City Employee of the Year
To be eligible for an award nominees must work, live, attend school, or impact people in Tempe.
Award Category Details
- Outstanding Student – The Tempe Diablos provide scholarships that recognize outstanding Tempe high school seniors with disabilities who demonstrate dedication and success as a student, employee or volunteer
- Exceptional Educator – Honors a teacher, school staff member or school support person who has provided exceptional education and support to students with disabilities.
- Business Leadership – Recognizes a business that has improved access or increased employment opportunities for Tempe residents with disabilities.
- Employer of the Year – Honors a Tempe business or organization that employs individuals with disabilities.
- Employee of the Year - Honors a Tempe employee or resident who has demonstrated exemplary performance or provided outstanding employment services for people with disabilities.
- Architectural Award – Recognizes a business or Tempe resident, architect, developer, planner or Tempe city department that has improved physical access for private or public buildings, outdoor spaces, transportation and other areas.
- Community Service – Honors a person, organization or business that has made a significant contribution by providing or improving personal and community support for individuals with disabilities.
- Pride of the City – Recognizes an individual, group, business or organization that has demonstrated a long term commitment to improving the quality of life for all the residents of Tempe.
Be a part of this important event:
FOR MORE INFORMATION or to request a presentation on event information:
City of Tempe – Office of Strategic Management & Diversity
31 East 5th Street, Second Floor, Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 350-2905
Fax: (480) 350-2907
Relay Service Users: 711
Access and cultural accommodations are available. The facility and stage is wheelchair accessible. Listening System and ASL Interpreters are provided. Program will be in large print. This event is smoke-free and fragrance-free; Refreshments may include foods prepared in locations containing dairy, wheat or nuts. Refreshments include fruit selections. Please indicate if the following is requested:
___ No photographs
___ Live Captioning
___ Signed English
___ Tactile Interpretation
___ Braille Program
___ Other: ______________________
Contact Michele_Stokes@tempe.gov to discuss.