The Hardy Drive Streetscape project will enhance the streetscape on Hardy Drive between University Drive and Broadway Road. The project will include bicycle and pedestrian enhancements, public art, ADA improvements and landscaping. The project is intended to promote neighborhood stability, sustainable business and development efforts while continuing Tempe's commitment to alternative modes of transportation. The project is identified in the Comprehensive Transportation Plan as part of the Tempe 2030 General Plan.
Public comment was available until Feb. 28, 2013 about the project and view the final design concept
This project is funded with $1.89 million in federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality grant money. The city of Tempe would also contribute (through the transit fund) a 5.7% match of the total grant money received. Construction will begin March 17, 2014 and last until Jan. 17, 2015.
- PowerPoint from May 23, 2012 public meeting
- Case Study Photos
- Project Opportunities
- Street Inventory
- Comments from 5/23/2012 meeting
- PowerPoint from August 15, 2012 public meeting
- Design concept #1
- Design concept #2
- Design concept #3
- Comments from 2012 Tempe Forum
- Comments from 8/15/2012 meeting
- Comments from 2013 Tempe Forum
- Comments from Feb. 20, 2013 public meeting
- Preferred design concept as of Feb. 6, 2013
- Comments from June 18, 2013 public meeting regarding art concepts
Contact project manager Robert Yabes for more information.